I have a new passion. No doubt about it. I love coaching people through discovery of their talents and strengths. Absolutely love it.
understand their talents and strengths
and build their lives upon them.
My husband and I attended a CoreClarity training last spring. That week prepared us to explain Gallup StrengthsFinder results for individuals and groups. This summer, we had numerous opportunities to coach family members, individuals, and couples.
Every time we talked through top talents with people, I watched eyes open wide in recognition, hearts soften with greater understanding, burdens of frustration and self-condemnation wash away, and hope reappear in the soul.
It was amazing actually.
It is an encouraging experience to grow in self-awareness and self-acceptance, but it is even more powerful to grow in understanding and appreciating the important people in our lives.
Successful marriages (or teams)
don’t just accommodate differences in each other,
they capitalize on them.
If you have never done the StrengthsFinder assessment, I highly recommend it. There are specific assessments you can choose for adults, college and highschool students and even middle school students. After you receive your top five results, find someone trained in CoreClarity to review your results with you. You can do this for yourself, as a couple, for your family, or in a seminar format for your whole team.
You will learn :
- why it is more important to develop your strengths, rather than focus on improving your weaknesses
- how to develop your talents into strengths
- to correct the myths that everyone thinks the same way we do or that everyone has the same talents we do plus what we see in them that we do not have
- how your top talents affect each other and how your combination creates the unique you
- how different talents intensify, combine, or collide with other talents
- how talents understanding helps build and repair relationships, improves problem solving and teamwork
- how to use your talents to enhance your career
You might also want to attend a facilitator training so you can coach others!
Do you already know your top talents? How have you applied that knowledge to your life and relationships?
Please leave me a comment if you have any questions about CoreClarity or StrengthsFinder. I’ll be glad to help in any way that I can!
Reblogged this on Leader Impact and commented:
Terry has beautifully described the impact and hope people experience when they understand their strengths, and when they understand the strengths of their spouse, kids or teammates. She captures some of the joy of our work. Read this and take the StrengthsFinder assessment, and have someone coach you through your results with CoreClarity. You will all be glad you did.
Thanks for the encouraging words and the re-blog!